Bodyline Hospitals for Best Dermatologists Doctors in Ahmedabad, Best Dermatologists Doctors in Gujarat, Dermatologists Doctors in Rajasthan, Cosmetologist in Ahmedabad, Cosmetologist in Gujarat, Cosmetologist in Rajasthan.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
A nephrologist is a medical doctor who has undertaken additional training to become an expert in nephrology. Additionally, due to their unique skills, nephrologists may provide care to people without kidney problems and may work in general/internal medicine, transplant medicine, immunosuppression management, intensive care medicine, clinical pharmacology and perioperative medicine.
Nephrologists may further sub-specialise in dialysis, kidney transplantation, chronic kidney disease, procedural nephrology or other non-nephrology areas as described above. Procedures a nephrologist may perform include native kidney and transplant kidney biopsy, dialysis access insertion (temporary vascular access lines, tunnelled vascular access lines, peritoneal dialysis access lines), fistula management (angiographic or surgical fistulogram and plasty) and bone biopsy.
Therapies provided by dermatologists include, but not restricted to:
- Cosmetic filler injections
- Hair removal with laser or other modalities
- Hair transplantation – a cosmetic procedure practiced by many dermatologists.
- Intralesional treatment – with steroid or chemotherapy.
- Laser therapy – for both the management of birth marks, skin disorders (like vitiligo), Tattoo removal, and cosmetic resurfacing and rejuvenation.
- Photodynamic therapy – for the treatment of skin cancer and precancerous growths.
- Phototherapy – including the use of narrowband UVB, broadband UVB, psoralen and UVB.
- Tattoo removal with laser.
- Tumescent liposuction – liposuction was invented by a gynecologist. A dermatologist (Dr. Jeffrey A. Klein) adapted the procedure to local infusion of dilute anesthetic called tumescent liposuction. This method is now widely practiced by dermatologists, plastic surgeons and gynecologists.
- Cryosurgery – for the treatment of warts, skin cancers, and other dermatosis.
- Radiation therapy – although rarely practiced by dermatologists, many dermatologist continue to provide radiation therapy in their office.
- Vitiligo surgery – Including procedures like autologous melanocyte transplant, suction blister grafting and punch grafting.
- Allergy testing – 'Patch testing' for contact dermatitis.
- Systemic therapies – including antibiotics, immunomodulators, and novel injectable products.
- Topical therapies – dermatologists have the best understanding of the numerous products and compounds used topically in medicine.